If you are lucky, you have a big garage and have lots of extra room. Or maybe you have a two or three car garage but only one car to put in it. All that extra garage space can be put to good use for more things than just extra storage. Listed below are some great ideas of what you can do with that extra garage space:
1) The cool garage game room – Every guy would like to have his own space where he can get away and hang out. Depending how much you are into games and game machines, the garage is a perfect place if you have the space. There is no better area to put a real pinball machine or old arcade game or games. If you have the space and the money, you can really do it up right and turn part of your garage into a themed game room. You can put in carpet or some other surface underneath and put the appropriate memorabilia on the walls. Just remember to heat it properly in the winter if you live in a cold area.
2) The garage gym / workout area – Your garage is a great place to assemble a gym. One reason is that you can open the garage up any time to let fresh air in. You also might be able to worry less about the heavy gym equipment doing damage to the floors or walls. In the colder months the temperature might be just about right in the garage for a workout but the summer might be a bit hot. Make sure you have your garage heated or cooled correctly for the desired temperature.
3) The garage play room – This can only be done if you live in an environment where there are no big temperature swings. Turning the garage into a play area for the kids is something you might think of if you lack the extra room in your house. You would need to have that garage area carpeted and make sure it is safe just like you would for any other room. On nice days, the garage doors can be open or partially open if you like and if you have a system to make sure the kids don’t go in the street.
4) The garage workshop – This is a common one of course with the guys who traditionally have their tools stored in the garage. This is where many guys get away to build things or repair things or just to get away.
5) The sports themed garage – Some guys are into sports big time and need a place where they can go to watch sports, be with their sports equipment, work on their sports equipment, and just hang out. Turning your garage or part of it into a “shrine” for that favorite sports team is a way to make the guy happy and it keeps that stuff out of the house to make the wife happy. You can even put in a couch and a flat screen TV on the wall to make your sports garage complete.
Source by Bruce Lipski