Sports-themed bedrooms for boys are always a great way to go for the athlete in your family. Here are some great ways to create a baseball theme boys bedroom on a budget.
1) Paint the room a basic beige color to mimic the color of the field. I used Benjamin Moore Deer Path #1047.
2) Add a mural on one wall to create an at the stadium feeling in the bedroom. I used this easy-to-install mural for a great effect.
3) Choose a simple painted bed with an open headboard so the mural is easily viewable. For the bedding, you can purchase a sports-themed set, or just get a plain blue quilt, and jazz it up with accessories. Use baseball pillows/sheets/blankets for a more cohesive look.
4) Create a nightstand out of an old locker, or paint an old nightstand bright red and put a baseball knob on the drawers/door. You can also purchase nightstands that look like lockers. You can add a baseball lamp to pull it together.
5) It’s easy to re-purpose an existing ceiling fan by painting it red or blue, and applying baseball decals, or you can find a great baseball fan ready to install at Lowes.
6) For window treatments, create a custom valance by using team pennants which you can find on Ebay! String them together with rope and tack them to the wall or string them to a curtain rod. Use plain blue panels for extra privacy.
7) For extra touches, add a baseball rug, baseball knobs to the closet doors, or some framed pictures of their favorite players.
Your boys baseball room is sure to be a hit with all his friends. Take me out to the ball game!
Source by Rebecca Groskreutz